Friday 20 April 2012

Sprinkles


On Wednesday it was Keeley from colleges 18th! So I made this "slightly" oversized doughnut. I used a mould I got from B&M bargains a few months ago but never had an excuse to use.
This is just a recipe for a basic sponge cake, I had to hope there would be enough mix because i had no idea how much they would need to be filled. I originally started off with just half this but I had to make another batch! Incase you're interested this is the recipe I used. This will obviously also work for a regular sandwich sponge cake.
Ingredients
200g Sugar
200g Margarine
200g Flour
4 Eggs
Cocoa Powder
Icing Sugar
Chocolate Sprinkles

Method
Preheat your oven to 180C
Grease and flour your baking tins/moulds.
Get a mixing bowl and cream together your margarine and sugar.
Then beat in the eggs. And finally mixing in the flour and cocoa powder.
Pour the mixture into your moulds/tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Once cooked leave to cool.
Spread the middle with either some icing or jam.

I havn't included exact measurements for the icing sugar as I don't think I've ever measured icing sugar. Just add a tiny amount of water at a time and keep mixing to ensure it doesn't become to runny. No-one likes runny icing.

So there you go. You know how I made a cake. Enjoy :)

Clo
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment